Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Latvian keyboard

I found where I can change keyboard input settings and add a language, but there isn't a choice to put Latvian.

How can I change it?

MacBook Air 13″

Posted on Aug 20, 2023 4:58 AM

12 replies

Aug 20, 2023 5:16 AM in response to patricija241

patricija241 wrote:

I found where I can change keyboard input settings and add a language, but there isn't a choice to put Latvian.
How can I change it?

MacOS has had a Latvian keyboard for a very long time already, so you should be able to see it on the list when you press the + button.

Write in another language on Mac - Apple Support

macOS - Feature Availability - Apple

Post a screenshot of what you are seeing if you cannot find it.

If you want to change the entire user interface language to Latvian, that's not yet possible.

macOS - Feature Availability - Apple

Oct 21, 2023 9:50 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

What is the difference between MacOS system language and text input source. I would like to be able to type using Latvian characters. Some I can, by holding the key down and selecting from the options that pop up, but there are no options that pop up for k, for instance. I did add Latvian as an input source, but I don't even know what that means. Thanks!

update: never mind. I figured it out.

Latvian keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.