Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Any idea where you can see your weekly step totally in OS 10?

Updated my watch and now I can’t see my weekly total steps - just weekly total calories burnt

Apple Watch SE, watchOS 10

Posted on Sep 27, 2023 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 26, 2023 7:09 AM

As part of my weekly training programme , I am required to complete a minimum 10000 steps a weeks and report them to my coach, where as on the previous iwatch OS I was able to see my previous week's steps. I now can't and the only way is going into the App on my phone and adding each day

This is a major inconvenience and feel it is an ill thought out decision made by Apple. There are MANY trining programmes that require doing a set number of steps and now we cannot see them. This needs addressing in the next release so that when scrolling through the weekly metrics, it includes steps. This is very disappointing.

108 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 26, 2023 7:09 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

As part of my weekly training programme , I am required to complete a minimum 10000 steps a weeks and report them to my coach, where as on the previous iwatch OS I was able to see my previous week's steps. I now can't and the only way is going into the App on my phone and adding each day

This is a major inconvenience and feel it is an ill thought out decision made by Apple. There are MANY trining programmes that require doing a set number of steps and now we cannot see them. This needs addressing in the next release so that when scrolling through the weekly metrics, it includes steps. This is very disappointing.

Oct 9, 2023 6:19 AM in response to Wrd4Wrd

Wrd4Wrd wrote:

I already don’t like the update and changes but this really made me mad that this was completely removed. Apple bring this back.

Apple does not read here in this user-to-user forum for feedback or suggestions. You can, however, let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

As I noted above, Apple seems largely uninterested in steps as a metric. You should consider one of the many third-party apps.

Oct 26, 2023 7:34 AM in response to TheZoob

TheZoob wrote:

There are lots of apps that will give you the information you want. StepsApp is one I've looked at.

Apple has never shown much interest in steps as a health metric. And they've given no indication that's likely to change. There are many, many different fitness philosophies. From all of my reading, Apple's is based on some good science. On the other hand, the idea that "10,000" steps is some sort of magic fitness number is not. That number was chosen by the makers of a Japanese pedometer because "10,000" sounds good in Japanese. But you should do whatever works for you.

You can let Apple know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Sep 27, 2023 1:36 PM in response to Gemmajan1985

Apple has never placed much emphasis on steps. And they did make some changes in how things were displayed on the Watch. Even Health does not give a weekly total. I suggest checking out some of the many third-party apps. StepsApp, one I've played with, will show you weekly totals. It will also let you add a complication to your watch face showing your steps for the day.

Nov 8, 2023 8:48 AM in response to 0356kid

0356kid wrote:

This is sad! One of several reasons I bought the watch was to track steps & distance. Now Apple eliminates that and of course you can get it thru the Steps app for $4.99 a month. Shame on Apple!!!!

Apple has never put much emphasis on steps. If it was a metric they considered important, it would have been one of the fitness rings. It's not.

You can let them know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Nov 2, 2023 6:28 AM in response to sylviaevans

sylviaevans wrote:

I've been using it for a few years so it was there. I don't want a 3rd party I want to be able to check it from my phone. The update to 10 did away with it.

If you are unwilling to use a third-party app, you will have to forgo access to the information. You can certainly submit feedback to Apple requesting the feature's return:

Product Feedback - Apple

But, Apple may never return feature. Or, may only return it months or years from now. Apple has never appeared interested in steps as a fitness metric. It's always been something of an afterthought. Now, it appears they are even less interested.

Sep 27, 2023 1:53 PM in response to Pob917

Pob917 wrote:

It’s ridiculous they would make a conscious decision to remove it.

Again, Apple has never expressed any interest in Steps as a metric on the Apple Watch. The Goals are and always have been, Movement, Exercise and Stand. So, the fact that they removed something they obviously don't care about is consistent. But, regardless, it's gone. You'll need to find another way to access that information.

They also seem to have removed the ability to see progress against monthly challenge.

I don't recall ever being able to see that on the Watch but I may never have looked. I always check that in the Fitness app on my phone.

You can certainly submit feedback to Apple here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Dec 4, 2023 8:14 AM in response to B-Nana

B-Nana wrote:

I can't believe that Apple doesn't realize that the WHOLE WORLD tracks their steps and removed this feature from the recent update. One of the the decisions to buy the watch was based on the ability to track my steps. I use the steps to be sure that I have walked enough in the mornings and make adjustments to the distance as I go.

Well, perhaps Apple doesn't realize it because it isn't actually the case? The Apple Watch focuses on different fitness metrics (and always has). Movement looks at not only distance but also how much you get your heart rate up.

APPLE PLEASE PUT STEPS TRACKING BACK ON THE WATCH because WE CARE and WANT IT BACK!

Shouting at us, your fellow users, is rather pointless. Tell Apple what you'd like to see:

Product Feedback - Apple

Meanwhile, there are both other options than counting steps and other ways to see your steps. Examples of the latter have already been provided.

Any idea where you can see your weekly step totally in OS 10?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.