How long does it take to get a refund to your wallet

I tried sending money to this number and I got a Text message saying that they were going to refund me my money in 2-3 business days for my protection. It’s been over that time limit and I haven’t seen it hit my wallet. I got this message Saturday.

iPhone X

Posted on May 16, 2024 3:17 AM

13 replies

May 16, 2024 5:54 AM in response to Milleer

You still didn’t answer who the text is from.

Apple Pay is a payment service. All Apple Pay handles is the data. The service or product that is used to conduct P2P transactions is Apple Cash.

Apple Cash is issued and service by Green Dot Bank. They issue a virtual prepaid debit card that is accessible through Apple Wallet app.

Again, I’ve never seen a text from Apple Pay before. I doubt the number the text was sent from is an Apple Support number. I suspect this is a phishing attempt.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

May 16, 2024 7:42 AM in response to Milleer

Everything that has been provided points to a scam. I would be aware of any follow up messages and avoid any contact numbers that will only want your personal/financial info to compromise your accounts. There has never been a message reported that has come from "Apple Pay". Review this support article on sending Apple Cash. It should never be sent to anyone you do not know and is a private transaction between 2 people without a way to dispute a charge like you would with a credit card. You will also notice that if the person does send money back to you, the support page says it will take "1-5 business days" not the "2-3working days". An official Apple message would have a space between the "3" and "w" as this is poor grammar common with scammers.

All you can do is wait and see and don't give them any information to compromise your accounts.

How long does it take to get a refund to your wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.