Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

iOS 16.4.1 WiFi internet connection issue

Hi,

I would like to ask if anyone here experienced any WiFi internet connection issues after updating iPhone Xs Max to iOS 16.4.1

When I connect my iPhone to the WiFi, the SSID says no internet connection even if I already obtained an IP from our router and also our ISP is online.

I verified and tested internet connection has no issue using my Laptop connected to the same WiFi router.

What I noticed is that the WiFi symbol does not appear "beside the cellular signal" anymore.

does anyone experience this same issue?

any help or suggestions would be great

iPhone XS Max

Posted on Apr 15, 2023 8:01 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Apr 22, 2023 6:20 AM in response to JL-that-IT-guy

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

Apr 22, 2023 6:20 AM in response to vk2109

Many users who have updated to iOS 16.4.1 must have a similar issue if the issues stated by you are due to the iOS.

Unless you state what the issue is many in this forum may not be able to respond positively to the issue you are facing. 

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Apr 22, 2023 9:23 AM in response to SravanKrA

i find that iOS is the issue from reading other posts regarding the same topic discussing issues on 16.4.1

i stated on the first line of my topic "WiFi internet connection issues after updating iPhone Xs Max to iOS 16.4.1"

i already said as well "When I connect my iPhone to the WiFi, the SSID says no internet

connection even if I already obtained an IP from our router and also our

ISP is online."

but thanks for the reply anyway

Apr 22, 2023 9:29 AM in response to JL-that-IT-guy

Having an IP address assigned by DHCP and Wi-Fi connection and a functional ISP connection upstream does not mean connectivity is available. Connectivity-blocking issues here can include (lack of) DNS server access, and IP routing issues, VPN issues, and captive portal issues.

If you have an add-on first-few-hops VPN app, remove it, restart the iPhone, and try again.

Restart the router, as well.

Apr 22, 2023 9:51 AM in response to MrHoffman

I tried this one as well restarting the router itself, but I can definitely say there was no issue on the wifi router as other device like my old iPhone 6s on iOS 15.7.3 can connect to the wifi with no issue on its internet connection.

I had a subscribed vpn installed on my iPhone Xs Max then I tried to uninstall the app. reset network settings as well.

It actually worked once after reset network settings, but afterwards the no internet connection shows up again on the SSID when checking at Settings > Wi-Fi

iOS 16.4.1 WiFi internet connection issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.