I can't add a boarding pass to Wallet

I’m trying to add a boarding pass to my apple wallet, but do not get the option to do so. How do I add “ add to apple wallet” to my options?

[Re-titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2023 11:40 AM

I am also having this issue. And I am a frequent flyer with United Airlines. I usually don’t have this problem but I am right now. The issue seems to be the Apple wallet sync to the United app. When I click the button nothing happens it just spins.

38 replies

Apr 10, 2024 3:07 PM in response to bronwyn40

I have the same problem. My husband and I are on the same flight, same reservation, same united app, and when he clicks the “boarding pass” icon it comes up with a different screen that includes a button to add the pass to Apple Wallet. Mine just doesn’t and there’s no way I can find to make it show the screen he has. United has been useless in helping on this subject.

Aug 28, 2023 4:53 PM in response to maus133

I live in Italy so there may be some differences in the way we add our tickets to the wallet, but I often have to add ones that are not "supported" by the wallet himself.

Do do that I use this app:

https://apps.apple.com/it/app/pass2u-wallet-cards-coupons/id1142473931

Basically, you select your kind of ticket/card in it and when you have inserted your datas a "add to wallet" button appears.

In this way you can add multiple cards and tickets that are not yet supported.

May 16, 2024 5:02 AM in response to boycom824

FWIW, I’ve also noticed - on a recent United flight - that UAL HAS indeed changed their app’s behavior; something which I believe might be contributing to at least some of the difficulties.

Whereas previously the “add to wallet” button was immediately and prominently displayed on the iPhone app’s boarding pass screen …

… now the user must “pull-up the lower bar” on the screen to see the button.

IMO it’s not the greatest of designs, but I’m not UAL’s app designer who must juggle competing priorities.

Aug 28, 2023 5:14 PM in response to maus133

The general method used by many airlines is as follows:

When using your mobile device on the airline’s app or website to “Print Your Boarding Passes” …

Look for an option similar to Mobile Boarding Pass. (usually alongside options to “print” and “email”)

Once selected, there is usually an option to “Save to Mobile Wallet” … and often the AppleWallet icon.

After clicking it in the website/app, you’ll see a facsimile of your mobile pass displayed; you then need to click “Add” to actually place the pass into your wallet.

I can't add a boarding pass to Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.