Can’t download Apple Fitness on iPad Pro 5th gen

I bought my iPad Pro 12.9” 5th gen and I got an email saying I’m eligible for a free 3 month trial of Apple Fitness+ . I click the link to the App Store but it comes up with the message “your device does not have the needed features”?

The email says nothing about needing an Apple Watch or iPhone. This is my only Apple device! I’ve tried updating it to the most recent iPadOS 17.0.1 and restarting but nothing works. Today is the last day I can claim the free trial so I’m very annoyed Apple hasn’t fixed this issue!

iPad Pro, iPadOS 17

Posted on Sep 22, 2023 9:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2024 8:44 AM

Alcreate wrote:

You need an Apple Watch, according to the customer service team. It doesn’t make sense if you’re only using it for the videos.

You don't need an Apple Watch. That requirement was removed in iOS 14.3. You can download the fitness app to an iPad directly as long as it correctly updated to iOS 14.3 or later.

click here ➜ Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

14 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2024 8:44 AM in response to Alcreate

Alcreate wrote:

You need an Apple Watch, according to the customer service team. It doesn’t make sense if you’re only using it for the videos.

You don't need an Apple Watch. That requirement was removed in iOS 14.3. You can download the fitness app to an iPad directly as long as it correctly updated to iOS 14.3 or later.

click here ➜ Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

Sep 22, 2023 9:39 AM in response to Alcreate

The email says nothing about needing an Apple Watch or iPhone.

You can use Apple Fitness+ on you iPad, check If your iPad is eligible for Apple Fitness+, see -> Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+

Devices you can use with Apple Fitness+ – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

iPad 

Apple Fitness+ is available in the App Store for the following iPad models that have been updated to the latest version of iPadOS:

• iPad Pro
  • iPad (5th generation or later)
  • iPad mini 4 or later
  • iPad Air (3rd generation or later)
  • iPad Air 2

Sep 22, 2023 9:57 AM in response to Alcreate

So, see -> How to subscribe to Apple Fitness+ - Apple Support

⤵️

How to subscribe to Apple Fitness+ on your iPad

To subscribe to Apple Fitness+ on your iPad, you need to be signed in with the same Apple ID that's signed in on your iPhone.

1. Download the Fitness app from the App Store.*
  2. Open the Fitness app.
  3. Tap Get Started.
  4. Tap the trial offer (one trial per person or family).
  5. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Forgot your Apple ID?
  6. Verify your billing information and add a valid payment method.
  7. Tap Subscribe.

Sep 22, 2023 9:37 AM in response to Alcreate

What iOS version is your iPad running exactly? You say you tried to update to iOS 17.0.1, does that mean you were unsuccessful?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/fitness/id1208224953

There is no issue for Apple to fix. I can download the app fine on my iPad. Must be something specifically with your setup which Apple has no way of knowing, let alone fixing.

Can’t download Apple Fitness on iPad Pro 5th gen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.