Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Unable to add accounts on Mail on iOS 17.4.1

I recently purchased an iPhone 15 Pro, which is running iOS 17.4.1

I am unable to add my Google, Yahoo or AoL accounts on the Mail app.

I have tried moving accounts from my Android phone. They move successfully but are not functional and request for re-entering password. However, when I click on re-enter password, nothing happens. I tried deleting the accounts. However, when I try to add an account (Google) post deletion, nothing happens. The screen remains as it is. I tried adding my Google account manually as well, however even that is not working.

I factory-reset the phone and tried moving nothing from my Android phone and setting up the iPhone with Vanilla settings. When I tried to add an account on Mail, again I faced the same issue. Absolutely nothing happens when I click on Google when adding an account.

I have gone through various posts, and it seems like this issue is happening since the latest iOS 17.4 update.

Are there any workarounds? When can a fix be expected?

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 6:34 AM

3 replies

Apr 28, 2024 6:41 AM in response to xanorak

Using an app password is essential if you enable two-step verification for your Google account. Two-step verification adds an extra layer of security by requiring a code from your phone or authenticator app in addition to your password when signing in. Regular passwords won't work with apps that don't support two-step verification, which is why Microsoft created app passwords. Just generate an app password for your iPhone's mail app and you'll be good to go!

Here are some additional points you might find helpful:

• You can generate app passwords through your Google account security settings.
  • App passwords are unique and only work for the specific app they're created for.
  • Consider creating strong and unique passwords for your Google account and other online accounts.

This applies to Google, Yahoo, Outlook, and AOL too.

Apr 28, 2024 8:51 PM in response to xanorak

xanorak Said:

"Unable to add accounts on Mail on iOS 17.4.1: I recently purchased an iPhone 15 Pro, which is running iOS 17.4.1 [...] The screen for entering password itself is not showing up. When I click on Google in the Mail app, nothing happens."

-------

Thank you for the screenshot.

If Mail Won't Operate Properly:

A. Close All Apps:

An app is likely not responding. So, close all apps. Hold you finger down as you swipe up. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up quickly for all apps.

B. Perform a Force Restart:

Go Here: Force Restart your iPhony- Apple Support

Unable to add accounts on Mail on iOS 17.4.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.