Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Unable to add Gmail under add account in Contact

Unable to add Gmail under add account

I’ve just recently switched to iPhone 12 from an android. Now my Google contacts don’t sync. When I tried to add my gmail app in Settings > Contacts > Accounts > Add Account, the Google button is doesn’t react. How do I fix this issue?

iOS Version: 17.4.1

Model Name: iPhone 12

iPhone 12, iOS 17

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 8:28 PM

4 replies

Apr 28, 2024 9:21 PM in response to MouniJagupilli

"When I tried to add Google in Settings > Contacts > Accounts > Add Account google unable to get it"

-------

Thank you for the followup reply.

Troubleshooting Accounts in Mail on an iPhone:

A. Disable a VPN:

Are you using a VPN? If so, disable it.

B. Clear the Temporary Internet Files:

C. Force Close All Apps:

An app may not be responding. So, close all apps. Hold you finger down on the Bottom-left cornet. As you swipe to the top-left corner, the apps will pop up. Then, close all of these open apps, by sweeping up quickly for all apps.

Apr 28, 2024 8:37 PM in response to MouniJagupilli

"Unable to add Gmail under add account in Contact"

-------

Getting gmail to Sync:

A. Use a Google App Password:

When setting up gmail, you need to create and use an app password. You would log in using that password, rather than your gmail password.  Go Here: Sign in with App Passwords - Google Account Help - Google. If you already have one, then remove the old app password, and create and use a new one.

B. See this gmail Link by Google: Back up & sync device contacts - gmail Help

Unable to add Gmail under add account in Contact

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.