Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Photo settings have disappeared

As soon as my phone updated to 17.4.1 my photo settings for all of my apps that use the photos or camera app were disabled. This would only be slightly inconvenient if I was able to go in and change it back myself, but the photos option is no longer there at all when I go to a specific app’s settings! Please help me figure out how to get the photos option back so I can use my apps again that require access to photos and camera.

iPhone 11

Posted on Apr 28, 2024 8:50 PM

1 reply

Apr 28, 2024 9:09 PM in response to Hmorrill

Hmorrill Said:

"Photo settings have disappeared: As soon as my phone updated to 17.4.1 my photo settings for all of my apps that use the photos or camera app were disabled.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting App Bugs After an Update:

A. iOS16 Issues:

I have seen this reported site the relate of iOS16.

B. Contact Apple Support:

Give Apple Support a call, letting them know what has occurred. Perform a screen sharing session with them, so they can see this firsthand, form YOUR perspective. Report back what they have to say.

Contacting Apple Support:

C. Report this to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come. Apple will know nothing of you occurrences, if you don't report it to them.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this thread
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Photo settings have disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.