Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

If a product recommended by the Apple Store is bad, how do I give Apple feedback?

I bought the Linksys AX4200 Mesh WiFi router (a pair) based 100% on how they were recommended as HomeKit Secure in the Apple Store.

After over three hours with Linksys support and additional hours on my own time, we still have not been able to enable the HomeKit Secure features. The Linksys iOS configuration app has multiple issues, including not 'finding' the router and with iOS Application Permission management.

I did not buy these at the Apple Store, as my local store had difficulties getting one delivered. Else, I would just return them.

But now I want to make sure that Apple knows that there may be problems that make this product into something that Apple Store should not list as HomeKit Secure. How do I get that feedback to the right people at Apple?

Posted on May 15, 2024 12:57 PM

4 replies

May 15, 2024 5:39 PM in response to Vancouver22

Thank you for your prompt response.

Apple Product Feedback is for Apple Products.

What I am trying to address here is an endorsement from the Apple Store of a Linksys product which I have good basis to claim does not honor the endorsement.

I would hope to trigger some QA review of the Linksys router by the Apple Store to catch a possible regression in what these Linksys routers offer.

May 15, 2024 6:07 PM in response to Ward Travis

Apple only stands by their Apple branded products and anything that is sold in the store is not an endorsement of the product. The descriptions you see for the products are supplied by the Manufacturer. That is true for any store. When you make a purchase at the store, you will receive an email that also contains a report a problem link, but that is only available for Apple Store purchases. What Apple does do is offer a 14 day return policy in case you have any problems and I would expect that the return rate would be a major factor in making the decision to pull an item from the store.

You can try the "Contact Us" link on the page for the item in the store.

You will also see on that page:

Note: Products sold through this website that do not bear the Apple brand name are serviced and supported exclusively by their manufacturers in accordance with terms and conditions packaged with the products.

May 15, 2024 7:26 PM in response to Mac Jim ID

Yes, it is as I feared. Linksys can claim a feature to work, and be promoted within Apple's customer-facing pages.. but with no risk, even if the feature may not be functioning on the Linksys product.

Caveat emptor. Always.

My concern with the claim of "HomeKit Compatibility" is that many layperson Apple Home users will get HomeKit to work with this router - just as it would work with any router - and they'll be satisfied - but they'll be unaware that the HomeKit Secure feature is not enabled by default. Only if the buyer of an Linksys AX4200 goes the extra distance to enable and configure HomeKit Secure will they discover these problems. So Apple will not obtain the product-return feedback necessary to correct the problem 'organically'.

I've tried; I'm done here.

If a product recommended by the Apple Store is bad, how do I give Apple feedback?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.