Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Watch ultra 2 locks itself when I'm wearing it

Under orientation settings, the watch Ultra 2 has been set to the left wrist, but when I wear it, it will constantly lock itself, so I need to enter the passcode. Also, when running with the watch, it continually pauses the exercise. Then I switched the watch to my right hand, and the two problems disappeared. This happens all the time. I had the same problem with watch 7, which I just sold. I don't want to turn off the wrist detection, as I keep credit cards on my watch. It is very annoying it is happening to 2 very different watches. Indeed, there must be a software issue. I don't think it is my left hand, but it can be that if a tattoo is blocking a sensor. Yes, I have a tattoo on my left wrist, but not the right one.

Does anyone have an answer?

Apple Watch Ultra 2

Posted on May 15, 2024 1:54 PM

1 reply

May 15, 2024 2:14 PM in response to Snowypartridge

The pigments and dyes in the tattoo ink interfere with the reflection on the red and green LEDs used for health measurements and also wrist detection.

If you want to maintain the accuracy of your health measurements you need to move the watch to your other wrist. The other option is a workaround that defeats the wrist detection, but alters the accuracy of health measurements.

If you search epoxy stickers Apple Watch you’ll find sheets of 100 stickers for about $10 USD.

Watch ultra 2 locks itself when I'm wearing it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.