Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ipad pro 2018 battery draining automatically overnight. background app refresh off, wifi off. battery cycle count only 47, checked with coconutbsttery on macOS

iPad pro 2018, 12.9 inches, battery seems to be draining on it's own. Background app refresh is off, still continues to drain. Cycle count is only 47, checked with coconut battery on MacBook pro. As evident from the screenshot, the device was in sleep mode. This problem started two days ago, updated the OS but to no avail.

iPad Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Jan 30, 2020 10:18 PM

4 replies

Jan 31, 2020 1:51 AM in response to ratul144

What version of OS was it on before this, as that's about the same time iOS 13.3.1 update came out.

The fastest way to find out is by doing a full restore from your MacBook via iTunes. Do a backup first if you have to restore it later.

When the restore is done, do NOT restore your apps/data when it asks during the initial setup. Leave it with a clean setup and don't use it for a few hours to check battery drain.

If the problem goes away, then it was a bad setting/app causing the issue.

Jan 31, 2020 5:58 AM in response to Crynay

‘What version of OS was it on before this, as that's about the same time iOS 13.3.1 update came out.’

just the previous version. I updated it today thinking that it might solve the problem. It didn’t.

update: I turned the iPad off to see if it still drains battery. I left it for a couple of hours and it doesn’t!

I’ll try doing the backup-and-reset thing you mentioned, thanks for the suggestion.

ipad pro 2018 battery draining automatically overnight. background app refresh off, wifi off. battery cycle count only 47, checked with coconutbsttery on macOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.