Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 11 battery health detoriating post iOS 13.4 upgrade

I purchased the new Iphone11 on January 5th , 2020 and everything worked perfectly fine until I upgraded to iOS 13.4. This upgrade is screwing up the battery health like crazy. Within a span of just 2 weeks (March 25th - I did the upgrade from ios 13.3 to 13.4 until today 5th April) , the battery health dropped crazily from 100% to 97%.

All the battery best practices were adhered including enabling the low power mode and location services off , background app refresh off from day 1 and still the battery health is deteriorating like crazy post this upgrade.

Apple needs to look at this seriously as I could see many users have reported battery drain and health issues post 13.4 upgrade.

This is for sure not a HARDWARE issue. It is a SOFTWARE issue that has messed up the battery health.

Please assist.

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 3:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 4, 2020 3:46 PM

Hello,

See these steps:

1) Have you tried a restart?  If not, do it now.

2) Go to Setting > Battery > BATTERY USAGE BY APP to see the apps that are consuming your battery.

3) Check “Battery Health” in the link (97% is OK):

iPhone Battery and Performance

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 5, 2020 1:17 AM in response to MrBill3

Hello,

As mentioned in my post , I did check all the best practice and as well as a restart and even a reset. My concern is a straight drop of 4% from 100 to 97 within just 2 weeks which is indeed strange post the 13.4 upgrade. 97% had it been OK if the drop was gradual and smooth and NOT an abrupt one.

So the suggestions don't help !

Iphone 11 battery health detoriating post iOS 13.4 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.