Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

keychain not syncing & won't turn OFF

Big Sur 11.1

Noticed that recent Keychain (Safari login) changes are not arriving on iPhone (iOS 14.3).

Decided to force a sync by turning off the Keychain altogether, then back on again.

Every time I try to turn off keychain on Big Sur 11.1, the tick mark in iCloud Settings re-appears after a few seconds. Have tried restarting Mac to no avail. Also tried the same thing on the iPhone and witness the same result.

We are now so dependent on seamless cloud syncs am kind of disappointed to have this sort of problem in 2020. Luckily didn't discover "on the road" with only one device and unable to login or to pay!

Any recommendations?

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 11.1

Posted on Dec 30, 2020 5:01 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Dec 30, 2020 7:58 AM in response to PRP_53

Yeah that did it.

Thanks!!!

In more detail:

1) signing out of iCloud in Big Sur, after lots of confirmations, resulted in an error message "Your iCloud account couldn't be removed at this time. Turn off all services and try again." That was disappointing but I ignored it since the account seemed to be disactivated.

2) Went over to the iPhone and discovered had automatically been logged out of iCloud;

3) Signed into iCloud on Big Sur; (skipped your restart step, thought I'd try without since busy working...)

4) Mac started up/downloading stuff from Cloud and generally syncing;

5) Went to iPhone iOS14.3 to log in. Not only did it ask for iCloud password AND iPhone password/code BUT IT ALSO asked for the Mac/BIG SUR PASSWORD. That's an excellent final step and have not seen that before??

6) Keychain passwords now successfully synced over.

btw. Apple have to make this stuff work better. An average user won't turn to this community but will either

a) remain frustrated that things not working properly;

or

b) waste 15-30mins of Apple employee time at a cost of ??? (That's Microsoft's preferred option!)

keychain not syncing & won't turn OFF

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.