Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sidecar not (yet) working with my iPad 6th generation device. ...

Hi, I have an iPAD 6th generation and a 1yr old Macbook (with MacOS 12.1) but I don't see my iPad device appearing under "Connect to" in the Display widget. Both devices are on the same network and both are connected with iCloud through n-Factor authentication. Any clues?

iPad, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 11, 2022 10:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2022 9:03 AM

Hello thomasfromrotterdam,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with the Sidecar feature. We're happy to provide some information to assist.

If connecting wirelessly "Make sure your Mac and your iPad have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. They need to be within Bluetooth range of one another (about 33 feet or 10 meters)." You can find helpful details in the guide here: Use iPad as a second display for your Mac

Additionally, you started from a great resource. Use an iPad as a second display for a Mac

The last section mentions checking for interference with the help of the article here: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

If the issue continues, test a normal restart of both devices.

Reach out to Apple Support directly if the connection issue remains.

Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2022 9:03 AM in response to thomasfromrotterdam

Hello thomasfromrotterdam,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having an issue with the Sidecar feature. We're happy to provide some information to assist.

If connecting wirelessly "Make sure your Mac and your iPad have Wi-Fi and Bluetooth turned on. They need to be within Bluetooth range of one another (about 33 feet or 10 meters)." You can find helpful details in the guide here: Use iPad as a second display for your Mac

Additionally, you started from a great resource. Use an iPad as a second display for a Mac

The last section mentions checking for interference with the help of the article here: Resolve Wi-Fi and Bluetooth issues caused by wireless interference

If the issue continues, test a normal restart of both devices.

Reach out to Apple Support directly if the connection issue remains.

Contact Apple Support

Cheers!

Sidecar not (yet) working with my iPad 6th generation device. ...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.