Why ITVX app isn't streaming live TV on MacBook Air

Anyone have any ideas why ITVX won't play Live tv on MacBook Air.I have been in touch with ITV but I seem to be getting nowhere

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, 13.2

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 3:05 AM

6 replies

Apr 24, 2023 3:02 PM in response to Applehelpme4542

Hey there Applehelpme4542,

Is this the ITVX app you’re using or are you watching over a browser? If it’s over a browser, try from a different browser and see if it works there. This can isolate where the issue is. 

If this is from an app, the following steps could resolve the issue:

Quit and reopen the app
Quit the app, then open it again. If the app won't quit, force the app to quit. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

Restart your Mac
Restart your Mac. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

Check for updates
To see if updates are available for the app, open the App Store, then click Updates. If updates aren't available for the app, update the software on your Mac. Or if you didn't get the app from the App Store, look for updates to the app on the app developer's website. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

Reinstall the app
Delete the app. When you do this, you might lose data that was stored in the app. Then redownload the app. If you didn't get the app from the App Store, redownload the app on the app developer's website. Then check to see if the problem with the app is fixed.

You can read more here:

If an app on your Mac stops responding, closes unexpectedly, or won’t open

Take care. 

Apr 25, 2023 6:37 AM in response to Applehelpme4542

Greetings Applehelpme4542,

Since the issue is happening within multiple browsers, this tells us that the issue is related to and stemming from the  ITVX live website. It sounds like this is expected behavior since the other films and videos are allowing you to watch it. If you believe this is happening in error, you'll want to reach out to the  ITVX Support team directly to further discuss this behavior. Here's a link with information on how to best seek support from ITVX Support: Contact a third-party vendor - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Cheers!

Oct 20, 2023 2:09 PM in response to Applehelpme4542

I’ve only recently tried to stream on itvx. I’ve tried my tv, my Apple TV and my MacBook Air. None of which work well. Freezing, audio sync issues, the MacBook wouldn’t even play it. Been in a twitter chat for a week now and it’s gotten me nowhere.

quite possibly the worst tv app out there. It’s terrible. I’ve given up now, wait an hour and just watch the relevant programme on catch up. Not even worth the stress trying to stream.

Why ITVX app isn't streaming live TV on MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.