i have money in my apple balance but i cant buy with them snd my apple id is verifyed

i need help to buy stuff plz respond

[Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 10:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 6:51 AM

How do i set Apple id balance as defult

12 replies

Apr 24, 2023 9:34 AM in response to AyoAdnanX3

AyoAdnanX3 wrote:

How do i set Apple id balance as defult

Your account balance will be used by default automatically unless it is cannot be used as outlined by Apple below. There is nothing you need to change to set your account balance to default for payments, and in fact you cannot change it to not do this. Just so it is clear, the only order you can change to payment methods is if you have multiple cards on your account and wish to change the order in which Apple will charge them after it has tried charging your account balance.

Read this from the Apple Support document: How apps, content, and subscriptions from Apple are billed - Apple Support

"Which payment method is charged?

When you buy items or pay for subscriptions, Apple automatically attempts to charge your payment methods in this order:

1. Apple attempts to use your Apple ID balance to cover the full amount.

2. If you don't have Apple ID balance, you don't have enough to cover the full amount, or an item cannot be paid for with Apple ID balance, Apple attempts to charge your primary payment method (typically a credit or debit card, but varies according to country). The primary payment method is at the top of the list in Settings on your iPhone. You can control which payment method is at the top of the list.

3. If there's a problem with the primary payment method, or if the primary payment method can't be charged for the full remaining amount, Apple attempts to charge your other payment methods in order from top to bottom. If none of them can be charged, Apple may try again.

Some purchases aren’t charged to your Apple ID balance

● If you're in a Family Sharing group, purchases are charged to your personal Apple ID balance. If you don't have enough Apple ID balance to pay for the purchase, the remainder is charged to the family organizer's primary payment method.

● You can’t charge gifts to your Apple ID balance. If you send a gift or gift card, your primary payment method is charged.

● Some subscriptions might not be charged to your Apple ID balance.

If none of your payment methods can be charged

If a purchase can't be charged to any of your payment methods, your account has a negative balance. You can't buy more items or update your apps until you update your payment method."

Apr 23, 2023 11:56 PM in response to AyoAdnanX3

See -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

Add a payment method to your Apple ID – Apple Support (UK)

• if you want to use your Apple Account balance, you need to set your Apple Account balance as your default payment.

You can have a credit card / debit card on file and an Apple Account balance.

If you have set your Apple Account balance as your default payment method, your default payment method will be used first by Apple when you need to make a payment.

Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

See also the Apple articles below:

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance – Apple Support (UK)

⤵️

Apple Gift Card and Apple Account balance can't be used for some purchases

• You can't use your Apple Account balance to send gifts or gift cards.
  • If you use Family Sharing, your family members can't spend your Apple Account balance. Funds that you add to your Apple Account balance are only available to you. Find out more about how purchases are billed to your Apple Account balance.
  • Some purchases might require you to have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase.

If you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

Apr 24, 2023 10:53 AM in response to AyoAdnanX3

As posted:

You can use your Apple Account balance, you have enough funds.

As posted, see -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

• if you want to use your Apple Account balance, you need to set your Apple Account balance as your default payment.

⤵️ 

Add a payment method on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Media & Purchases, then tap View Account. You may be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. Tap Manage Payments.
  5. Tap Add Payment Method.

6. Enter the payment method details, then tap Done.

If you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

Apr 24, 2023 11:03 AM in response to AyoAdnanX3

You can try to use it without a credit card, but if you are being asked to enter a payment method, Apple has multiple criteria* requiring the presence of a payment method, even for free items. Since you may be encountering one of those situations, you have no option but to enter a valid payment method if you wish to continue downloading. Read the support article Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support about how to do that. The payment method may not be charged if you also have account balance or the item is free, but the payment method has to be present. This next article lists valid payment methods for different countries but note that in this situation Apple Account balance alone apparently may not meet the requirement and you need to use another payment method until you find one that satisfies Apple's requirement (often a credit or debit card): Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support .

If you have already entered a payment method, use the first link above to check it. If a message appears in red there is a problem with it. If the information is still correct and current, contact your financial institution.

* Ref.:

If you can’t download or update apps on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

- "You might need to have a payment method on file, even if the app that you want to download is free."

Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

- If you have any active subscriptions, you must have at least one payment method on file other than Apple ID credit.

- You might not be able to remove a payment method if you have a balance due.

Sign in with your Apple ID - Apple Support

- "When you sign in to the App Store and other media services for the first time, you might need to add a credit card or other payment information."

How apps, content, and subscriptions from Apple are billed - Apple Support

- You can’t charge gifts to your Apple ID balance. If you send a gift or gift card, your primary payment method is charged.

- Some subscriptions might not be charged to your Apple ID balance.

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

"Some purchases might require that you have a credit card on file, even if you use your Apple Account balance to make the purchase."

Apr 24, 2023 7:04 AM in response to AyoAdnanX3

You can use your Apple Account balance, you have enough funds.

As posted, see -> Add a payment method to your Apple ID

⤵️ 

Add a payment method on your iPhone or iPad

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap your name.
  3. Tap Media & Purchases, then tap View Account. You may be asked to sign in with your Apple ID.
  4. Tap Manage Payments.
  5. Tap Add Payment Method.

6. Enter the payment method details, then tap Done.

i have money in my apple balance but i cant buy with them snd my apple id is verifyed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.