My iPhone 13 (iOS 16.5.1) can no longert connect to Bluetooth device (hearing aids), since the last update

My iPhone 13 (iOS 16.5.1) can no longer connect to Bluetooth device (hearing aids), since the last iOS update

iPhone 13

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 5:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2023 1:25 AM

if it was me then I would make the phone forget the hearing aids, place the hearing aids back into pairing/discovery mode and pair them once again, possible troubleshooting path could be to attempt to pair them with another device just to make sure they were not defect.

3 replies

May 17, 2024 10:57 AM in response to PRD_NT-116J

If they have a new phone, and before they transfer:

1. unpair h/a from old phone.

2. turn off h/a,

3. then, you can do the transfer from the old to new phone.

That's the easiest thing to do. Since most people will unpair their old ones, and transfer from old to new while wearing their aids, they will have to do the following:

1. unpair h/a from old phone.

2. put h/a on charger or turn off.

3. go to settings-general-transfer or reset iphone.

4. erase all content and settings.

5. Once the above is done, follow through with setting up a new phone and transferring from the old phone.

6. When you go to pair your h/a, you have to pair one at a time. Once one is paired, you can remove the other one from the charger and it will pair it. 

Problems: It did delete my connection to my phone provider, so I have to wait for my husband to come home(with his phone) to be able to connect to them again. 

My iPhone 13 (iOS 16.5.1) can no longert connect to Bluetooth device (hearing aids), since the last update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.