Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Unknown charges from Apple

My bank account has absolutely been drained from charges from apple within 24 hours. Each charge was $106 each. My wallet app isn’t connected to my cards. It doesn’t make any sense. What is going on??? My bank account told me to contact apple and I’ve tried but I get put on hold for hours at a time. If I could give 0 stars, I would.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jun 26, 2023 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2024 10:26 AM

Appel Is stealing money from me and I can not stop it. This the second month they charged me for the things I did not buy.

8 replies

Aug 19, 2023 12:37 AM in response to Jeff Donald

Here it is 2023…. This has happened to me on 2 occasions. Apple is fully aware of this alleged scam. Once you notice and dispute the inaccurate charges, They will continue to send you thru loopholes and ultimately tell you to dispute it with your bank.

What I want to know is how does this appear on our bank statement as being paid to apple.com, however apple.com states it doesn’t know who got the money, it isn’t them. As a concerned and reputable company, if they know someone is phishing our account information under this corporation name, why not investigate it so their users are protected from any further “alleged” apple id breaches? We want answers Apple. And not a support link that goes to outer space.

Mar 6, 2024 10:39 AM in response to babak193

They do steal money as they've taken mine too and I actually have proof. They even confirmed cancellation on my part couldn't take payment from me last month. I updated my details on Google pay as its the only thing I can think of and surprise surprise they took money again. Also just for clarification I haven't been an a0ple user for 6 years, don't own any apple products and cancelled 2 times but somehow they managed to obtain my details twice... also this bank card is a new one. According to then its a 'mystery' 🤣🤣 I've escalated it and I won't stop they billed me for 6 years at least

Jun 26, 2023 10:32 AM in response to Roweginny

It sounds/looks like you’re the victim of a scam. Unfortunately you bank should have offered you additional support. What country or region are you in? Please follow the link below to receive additional Official Apple Support.

Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

On a personal note, if this had happened to me, I’d call my bank right back and dispute each of those charges. You have specific legal rights that you should take now to preserve those rights.

May 3, 2024 11:32 AM in response to Roweginny

Ive been being told to update my payment info and that i wont be charged until I actually make a purchase. I proceeded to update my info and got charged immediately. I thought the charge would fall off as an authorization charge but it didn’t. Now, im being met with the same prompts again and i cant download any apps whatsoever. And now im receiving random charges from apple (i have no apple subscriptions)

Aug 19, 2023 4:49 AM in response to Aware0944

I understand you’re upset, I would be too, if it’d happened to me.

You do understand that your bank approved fraudulent charges? You did dispute the fraudulent charges with your bank, right? Your bank refunded your funds right? If not, why not?

You filed a police report didn’t you? If not, why not?

So, let’s recount, Apple received an order, your bank, approved the charge, the order was fulfilled, product delivered. If fraud was involved, who should be out the money?

Should it be the developer or company that created the product that was purchased? I don’t think so.

Maybe Apple then. Sure, they got an order, fulfilled it, and received a valid authorization for the funds involved. Seems like they acted in good faith.

Possibly your bank then? Well maybe, they issued the credit card, your account was previously involved in fraudulent purchases. There are laws protecting account owners from fraudulent charges if reported to the bank. Even some credit cards offer $0 fraud liability protection.

Apple is not the police. They take steps to protect accounts, protect their customers data, but at the end of the day, they are not the ones responsible.

Phishing schemes only work when two parties are involved. Learn to spot the emails and texts involved. Report them to the proper authorities. Come to public forums. Reddit and Facebook have good active Apple groups. Apple Support Community is very active.

Reach out to your banks fraud team. Work with them. Banks loose billions every year due to fraudulent activities.

If you need help with your bank recovering funds please visit the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/consumer-tools/fraud/

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/

Jan 11, 2024 3:47 PM in response to babak193

If you’re just here to complain Apple is not here. Apple Support Community is a public forum for apple users to assist each other with issues. If you're looking for an explanation and assistance, there are many fellow Apple users willing to assist. But if you just want to voice your opinion, just go easy, because Apple does not read the comments. You can contact Apple Support Community at 1-800-MY-APPLE.

If you would like to continue here, please let us know why you’re thinking someone is stealing money. Sorry, but you haven’t provided enough details/information for us to provide helpful information.

Unknown charges from Apple

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.