How to enable Tracking on Apple ID despite age?

My birthdate is set so I’m older than the requirements but I still can’t allow tracking, if I sign out of my Apple ID and sign back in the tracking can be turned on but then it gets turned off again and I can’t change it

[Re-Titled By Moderator]

iPhone SE

Posted on Jul 13, 2023 6:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2024 1:28 AM

my Apple ID birthdate is up to date and yet I still can’t allow tracking because of the age requirement

[Edited by Moderator]

65 replies

May 16, 2024 5:33 PM in response to finley886

I just noticed this issue today. I updated my iOS, updated my birthday both on website and in settings, reset my iPhone, signed out and back in. You name it, I’ve tried it. My Apple ID has to be about 10 years old and i am 32 years old. I can’t gain points on fetch playing games and other issues because my tracking is completely turned off. I sent a message to support so maybe if they are flooded with other complaints they’ll look into it!!! Very frustrating!!!

May 16, 2024 11:39 PM in response to finley886

AFTER READING THE SAME DILEMMA FROM MOST OF YOU THAT I TOO WAS EXPERIENCING I EMAILED FETCH. HERE ARE THE STEPS TO TAKE TO GET BACK TO PLAYING FOR POINTS

1. GO TO SETTINGS. TAP YOUR APPLE ID AT THE TOP OF THE SCREEN
  2. SELECT " MEDIA AND PURCHASES". AND SIGN OUT
  3. OPEN FETCH PLAY IN THE APP. THIS SOLVED MY PROBLEM I HOPE THIS HELPS ALL OF YOU

May 16, 2024 11:50 AM in response to finley886

I am having this same issue. It worked last night and today i can not turn it on. I need it for surveys that I do. I checked my personal info with apple and my birthdate is in there and CORRECT. This is a personal phone and not managed by anyone else. But oddly i did find that if i signed out of my id on my phone I was able to turn on tacking. But once i signed back in i was not able to. PLEASE FIX THIS

Jul 13, 2023 7:13 AM in response to finley886

Hello finley886,

Please verify your Apple ID's birthdate is updated - Update the birth date associated with your Apple ID - Apple Support.

If you can't turn on the "Allow Apps to Request to Track" setting

In some circumstances, the "Allow Apps to Request to Track" setting can't be turned on, including: 

• For users with child accounts or who are under age 18 by birth year, signed in with their Apple ID*
  • If your Apple ID is managed by an educational or business institution
  • If your device is managed and uses a configuration profile that limits tracking
  • If your Apple ID was created in the last 3 days

Do you fall into any of the other categories?

I wouldn't recommend having tracking on either though. This is an invasion of your privacy and apps will be able to track your activity across other companies’ apps and websites for the purposes of advertising or sharing with data brokers. 

How to enable Tracking on Apple ID despite age?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.