How can I delete my Apple ID and everything Apple related?

I don’t want to do business with Apple anymore. How do I cancel all services

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 23, 2023 10:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2024 8:55 AM

Please can anyone advise how to delete an Apple ID when I no longer have the password?

41 replies

Mar 10, 2024 12:19 PM in response to Community User

For information about how to delete an Apple ID account, read this support article —> How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

Carefully and thoroughly read that article for information about what happens when you delete your Apple ID account. For example:

"Make sure that you sign out of all your devices to avoid issues with apps that use your Apple ID account or iCloud. After your account is deleted, you can't sign out of iCloud or turn off Find My iPhone Activation Lock on your devices. If you forget to sign out, you might not be able to use your device when your account is deleted."

Feb 14, 2024 10:40 AM in response to carders

This is getting off topic for this thread...

You're better off resetting the password. This Apple article has instructions for what to do if you have forgotten your Apple account password —> If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

or go directly to this link —> http://iforgot.apple.com/

If you don't receive your verification or reset email, read this Apple Support article: If you didn't receive your verification or reset email - Apple Support

"When you make certain updates to your Apple ID, we’ll send you an email to help you complete the update. For example, you might have reset your password, reset your security questions, or added a new email address to your account."

If you find you can’t sign in, reset your password, or receive verification codes, you can request account recovery (read this support article: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support ) to regain access to your account. Account recovery might take a few days or longer, depending on the specific account information you can provide to verify your identity. More detail in —> Activation Lockout Issues - Apple Community

If you still need help this page provides country-specific Apple Support contact information for customers seeking help ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

This page has telephone numbers for contacting Apple for support and service ➞ Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Mar 25, 2024 9:24 AM in response to alexsougias040

alexsougias040 wrote:

Delete account

Here you go. It is rather easy to do, just make sure you read the ramifications first. For example, if you do not log out of the Apple ID on your device first, you will no longer be able to access it as your Apple ID has now been deleted.

How to delete your Apple ID account - Apple Support

If you simply want to change it to a different email address, you do not want to delete the account, you would want to change it instead.

Apr 6, 2024 9:40 PM in response to carders

carders wrote:

I don’t have the password or the mobile phone number originally used so I cannot login. I just want to cancel the AppleID because my laptop keeps asking for the details. Can Apple cancel the account if I provide the email address?

First you will need to gain access to your account to prove it is your. You have 3 options to reset your password.

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Once you get that done, then follow these instructions and read them carefully to delete your Apple ID. Pay particular attention to the part where you will need to sign out of your device first, otherwise it will be locked to your device without a way to sign out since the password for it will no longer work.

Think about it. If Apple would delete an Apple ID account just by some person providing an email address, then anyones account could be deleted. People forget their passwords all the time, so it is not a big deal to reset your password and gain access to your account again. After that your are free to delete it and all the data associated with it.

Apr 30, 2024 1:37 PM in response to 123-hhh-456

123-hhh-456 wrote:

I would like to delete my account with apple

Quoted from Mac Jim ID's post from April 7, 2024, four posts before yours:

...follow these instructions and read them carefully to delete your Apple ID. Pay particular attention to the part where you will need to sign out of your device first, otherwise it will be locked to your device without a way to sign out since the password for it will no longer work.

Apr 1, 2024 5:13 PM in response to carders

carders wrote:

Please can anyone advise how to delete an Apple ID when I no longer have the password?

You will absolutely need to get the password first. There are 3 options in this support article to do that:

If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

If a person was allowed to delete the Apple ID without needing the password, then anyone could go around deleting anyone else's Apple ID.

How can I delete my Apple ID and everything Apple related?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.