I can't add a boarding pass to Wallet

I’m trying to add a boarding pass to my apple wallet, but do not get the option to do so. How do I add “ add to apple wallet” to my options?

[Re-titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Aug 28, 2023 10:57 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 24, 2023 11:40 AM

I am also having this issue. And I am a frequent flyer with United Airlines. I usually don’t have this problem but I am right now. The issue seems to be the Apple wallet sync to the United app. When I click the button nothing happens it just spins.

38 replies

Apr 10, 2024 3:07 PM in response to bronwyn40

I have the same problem. My husband and I are on the same flight, same reservation, same united app, and when he clicks the “boarding pass” icon it comes up with a different screen that includes a button to add the pass to Apple Wallet. Mine just doesn’t and there’s no way I can find to make it show the screen he has. United has been useless in helping on this subject.

Aug 28, 2023 4:53 PM in response to maus133

I live in Italy so there may be some differences in the way we add our tickets to the wallet, but I often have to add ones that are not "supported" by the wallet himself.

Do do that I use this app:

https://apps.apple.com/it/app/pass2u-wallet-cards-coupons/id1142473931

Basically, you select your kind of ticket/card in it and when you have inserted your datas a "add to wallet" button appears.

In this way you can add multiple cards and tickets that are not yet supported.

Aug 28, 2023 5:14 PM in response to maus133

The general method used by many airlines is as follows:

When using your mobile device on the airline’s app or website to “Print Your Boarding Passes” …

Look for an option similar to Mobile Boarding Pass. (usually alongside options to “print” and “email”)

Once selected, there is usually an option to “Save to Mobile Wallet” … and often the AppleWallet icon.

After clicking it in the website/app, you’ll see a facsimile of your mobile pass displayed; you then need to click “Add” to actually place the pass into your wallet.

May 16, 2024 5:02 AM in response to boycom824

FWIW, I’ve also noticed - on a recent United flight - that UAL HAS indeed changed their app’s behavior; something which I believe might be contributing to at least some of the difficulties.

Whereas previously the “add to wallet” button was immediately and prominently displayed on the iPhone app’s boarding pass screen …

… now the user must “pull-up the lower bar” on the screen to see the button.

IMO it’s not the greatest of designs, but I’m not UAL’s app designer who must juggle competing priorities.

I can't add a boarding pass to Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.