HomeKit Camera non stop notifications

Hello everyone

I have a couple of Logitech Circle View cameras. I set them up to only give me notifications for People and Vehicles. I set up an activity zone so it should only be detecting either people or vehicles in that zone.

This was working as expected and all of a sudden I am getting notifications for EVERY SINGLE motion detected by the camera (not just in the activity zone but anywhere in the frame). Notifications on my phone are going off every minute non stop which is so annoying!

I logged a ticket with Apple but not getting much help from them.

So far I’ve tried:

- Restarted the HomePod Mini.

- Factory resetting the HomePod mini and setting it up from scratch.

- Restarted both the Logitech Circle View cameras.

- Deleted the Activity zone and drew a new one.

- Toggled/Untoggled People and Vehicle notifications.

None of the above steps have made a difference.

Wondering if anyone had this issue before and hopefully if anyone’s got a fix for this issue.

Posted on Aug 31, 2023 9:57 PM

Similar questions

3 replies

May 16, 2024 1:29 PM in response to chrisf2020

Yes - I was able to resolve this. I had to make Apple TV 4K be my primary home hub and modify the notification trigger settings (people, animal etc) and when those notifications are triggered. Once I reduced the number of triggers that can create a notification, it sorted itself out.

what I think was happening earlier was that the HomePod mini was hammered with triggers nonstop which it was not able to process.

HomeKit Camera non stop notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.