Mac Mini, Displaylink, Triple Displays, Video Streaming Black Screens

I have a new Mac Mini 2023 w/ M2 Pro Chip with macOS ventura software. All three Dell 4K 27" monitors were finally detected with the Pluggable dock with displaylink software. Apparently displaylink software indicates the screen recording feature must me enabled for this to work. For work functions, everything seemed to operate fine with beautiful extended displays. Then, I tried to stream appletv, netflix, amazon video, etc. The only thing I see is a black video screen with sound. It would be very helpful if Apple could devise a way to allow its software to accept this feature or render it unnecessary. It would seem from the community here we are all waiting for an adequate correction or response from Apple and Displaylink. I consider apple products to be well made and engineered to outlast its competitors. It should follow that Apple can make this highly requested adaptation for its long time customers. Personally, I have just updated to this Mac Mini after having an iMac 27" since 2013. Apple, please work this out. Thank you in advance for your consideration. -S.W.

Mac mini, macOS 13.5

Posted on Sep 12, 2023 8:54 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 13, 2023 6:19 AM in response to sward5

Display Link is basically a third party hack to multiple display issues (not just on Apple platforms) and the resolution of issues due to that software are up to them to solve.

In terms of the three video services you mention, it can also can be due to DRM issues (the very specific hardware requirement video vendors require to protect from pirating videos) that Display Link does not support.

Mac Mini, Displaylink, Triple Displays, Video Streaming Black Screens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.