Newsroom Update

watchOS 11 brings powerful health and fitness insights. Learn more >

Related Article: Apple security releases

Where is the swipe up option to locate phone after watchOS 10.1.1 update?

My watch updated to version 10.1.1 earlier in the week. I just noticed that the swipe up option to get to ping my phone is gone. It now gives me a calendar, my fitness, shortcut to text, and the weather. This is all stuff I have in my infographics face. Why take away this option? Where was it moved to? I cannot locate it anywhere. I don’t need two spots for things on my watch for it to take away two. I’ve tried googling this and cannot find a single thing. Tips led me no where. Am I missing something? If it’s completely gone how do I uninstall the update?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 10

Posted on Nov 23, 2023 10:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 28, 2023 3:35 PM

I absolutely hate the new Apple Watch update! Why was the swipe option for locating your phone, looking at your battery, etc. removed? I hate using the side button on the watch. Please fix this ASAP!!

Absolutely infuriating in every way!

165 replies

Dec 2, 2023 8:14 AM in response to Mama-V

Mama-V wrote:

Agreed ! But i am missing the swipe to do a quick DoNotDisturb as well as the find my phone! All you get when swiping down is notification info. Dumb!

A quick press and release of the flat oval side button (see picture)

https://support.apple.com/guide/watch/control-center-apd06bc15da1/watchos

DO NOT hold the button, as that brings up the emergency calling display.

You can tell Apple what changes you would like to see in a future watchOS release via

https://www.apple.com/feedback/watch

The more users that send feedback, the more likely it will reach a decision maker.

Nov 26, 2023 2:57 AM in response to MandaC684

I was on the phone with Apple for an hour yesterday. You can’t uninstall it. You have to get to the controls by the side button now. However, after the update, my side button no longer responds so now nothing works on the watch. The side button does everything now. I ended up having to buy a new watch. We tried a reset from my phone using an old backup and nothing! Hope your side button still works or you have an Apple Store nearby. My closest one is an hour away! It’s infuriating

Dec 4, 2023 8:47 AM in response to debbie-argy

debbie-argy wrote:

how do i get the swipe down screen to find my iphone ? the recent update now shows my calendar😳

I have copied BobHarris's post from above:

Quick press and release the flat oval side button (see picture)

Use Control Center on Apple Watch - Apple Support

This will give you the Control Center that swipe up used to give you, and all the same services.

DO NOT hold the button, as that will bring up the Emergency services display.

Dec 6, 2023 6:18 AM in response to teresa7209

teresa7209 wrote:

I am missing the swipe to do a quick DoNotDisturb as well as the find my phone! All you get when swiping down is notification info. This is ridiculously dumb! You removed a convenience factor that many folks used. I found it user friendly and the convenience factor was great. Now this is the dumb move on Apples Part. PLEASE RETURN THE SWIPE UP FEATURE ASAP.

1) You can still access the Control Center by tapping the side button. It's the flat, oval button next to the Digitial Crown.

2) No one reading here in this user-to-user forum can RETURN anything so, yelling here is pointless. You can, however, let Apple know your thoughts here:

Product Feedback - Apple

Dec 5, 2023 7:39 PM in response to LST63

LST63 wrote:

The only way I have found to now pinging my phone from my Watch after the new update is to go to the Find My devices on my watch and pinging it that way. Very inconvenient.!

Quick press and release the flat oval side button (see picture)

Use Control Center on Apple Watch - Apple Support

DO NOT hold the button, as that brings up the Emergency services data display.

The iPhone ping icon should be in the Control Center list of services.

If the iPhone ping is not there, scroll to the end and tap “Edit”, where you should be able to add it to the Control Center.

Where is the swipe up option to locate phone after watchOS 10.1.1 update?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.