how to disable getting locked out for an hour cause mistyped password?

Ever since I upgraded to Sonoma 14, if I mistype my password on the login /lock screen, I get locked out for a certain time. I didn't have my glasses on the other day and got locked out for an hour! Then I somehow mistyped again and it was another 3 hours! This is bad when you need to get back online! Thankfully, after the 3 hours, I was very careful and got back in. I did everything I thought I had to prevent my computer from going to sleep so this doesn't happen again-- but still my computer is going into sleep mode after a time and I'm getting the log in screen again. I'm paranoid about hitting the wrong thing and getting locked out again. How can I disable the lock out? I don't care about the security. I never take this laptop out of the house.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 14.0

Posted on Dec 13, 2023 6:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2024 11:40 AM

Does anyone have an actual answer to this question, rather than gaslighting the poster? It has been asked several times before:

I just got locked out of my computer for 5 minutes after cleaning the keyboard (I followed Apple's recommendations - please don't go on a tangent about how to properly clean your Mac). I've also had this happen when my keyboard layout was accidentally changed and I didn't realize it until after I'd gotten locked out. Apple should also consider that forcing this on is ableist: some people have disabilities that make it difficult to reliably type or remember their passwords and need extra attempts.

[Edited by Moderator]

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2024 11:40 AM in response to Nylongirl4

Does anyone have an actual answer to this question, rather than gaslighting the poster? It has been asked several times before:

I just got locked out of my computer for 5 minutes after cleaning the keyboard (I followed Apple's recommendations - please don't go on a tangent about how to properly clean your Mac). I've also had this happen when my keyboard layout was accidentally changed and I didn't realize it until after I'd gotten locked out. Apple should also consider that forcing this on is ableist: some people have disabilities that make it difficult to reliably type or remember their passwords and need extra attempts.

[Edited by Moderator]

how to disable getting locked out for an hour cause mistyped password?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.