Paramount Plus app not allowing fast forward

I have an Apple TV HD, with the old style touch screen apple remote. Recently, Paramount Plus has not been able to allow me to fast forward or rewind TV shows. In fact, the entire progress bar is now blank, with a notation saying 'live' on the left side, and 10 second rewind. This wouldn't be so bad, if the show didn't restart after I hit pause. As it is, the app is nearly unusable.

Posted on Jan 21, 2024 7:08 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Jan 22, 2024 5:01 PM in response to Vancouver22

I tried all that. I did verify that I'm set to auto-update all of my apps. I force-quit Paramount and rebooted, but it still behaves the same. There was a TVos update waiting in the wings, but it didn't seem to help. It looks like Apple updated their remote, to have a click-wheel, rather than a touch screen. I wonder if that is the issue. Maybe my remote is becoming obsolete.

May 17, 2024 10:12 PM in response to AntonyFromWatertown

I have the newer remote and it does not work for me either. If the touchscreen is obsolete, then why would they have a TV remote on your iPhone? I am still updating my Apple TV, even though I have automatic updates enabled.

I had one of those remotes and it fell and shattered. It caused my child to get their thumb cut by the broken shards of glass on the surface of the remote. This hazard or another similar issue is more likely than not to be the reason why they changed their remote design.

I will update the community if I can resolve the issue myself. I did see a lot of people have been googling “how to cancel my paramount + subscription.” I am not sure why people are canceling their subscriptions but it could be because the app doesn't work and is worthless without this issue being resolved. I will be asking Apple for a prorated refund for the time I couldn't use their paramount + app.

Paramount Plus app not allowing fast forward

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.