iCloud for Windows 11 insists I need media feature pack

Ever since I upgraded to the latest version of iCloud for Windows 11 (23H2), the program is telling me I need the "Media Feature Pack" to continue, despite this being enabled in my settings and not using an N version of Windows. Photo syncing is constantly getting stuck at a specific number and I cannot upload photos to iCloud on my computer. I did not have this issue with the previous version of iCloud. I have tried disabling and re-enabling photo syncing and uninstalling and reinstalling iCloud, neither of which worked. iCloud Drive is not affected. How do I fix this issue?

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Feb 13, 2024 2:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 28, 2024 12:45 PM

Same issue on both of my Windows 10 Pro computers. "Media Features" are already enabled, I've tried disabling and enabling, and the download linked in iCloud will not install if you don't have an N version of Windows.

Additionally, I can longer approve my Passwords and Keychain in iCloud.

Does Apple even monitor these forums?

Similar questions

22 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 28, 2024 12:45 PM in response to PikaSka

Same issue on both of my Windows 10 Pro computers. "Media Features" are already enabled, I've tried disabling and enabling, and the download linked in iCloud will not install if you don't have an N version of Windows.

Additionally, I can longer approve my Passwords and Keychain in iCloud.

Does Apple even monitor these forums?

May 25, 2024 7:21 AM in response to Tutar

We should not have to pay for a file from Microsoft or apple to fix this issue I don't care if it's a dollar or not I literally just got this brand-new laptop and it has nothing but issues because Microsoft doesn't want me to use anything but their stuff which is pathetic. And well Apple appears to be no help either I so miss the days when we could just go to Cnet and download the fix I will be asking my son if he can remote connect and fix this ince its his field and i am frankly over the BS

Apr 22, 2024 12:23 AM in response to PikaSka

The "Media Feature Pack" for Windows N-versions is so old, I cannot even install it on my Windows 10 (nor 11) versions!

Probably because my Windows version is "Home" (10)/"Professional" (11) both without the "N" and the "Media Feature Pack" was not meant to be installed on those Windows versions...

I have the "Earlier version of Windows Media Player (app)" installed, tough.

Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/help/3145500 (search for "functions" in the Windows-search-menu)

So, how is Apple thinking to fix this annoying error message?

iCloud for Windows 11 insists I need media feature pack

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.