Family member can't verify payment methods

I use Purchase Sharing with my partner (I'm the organiser). Today my partner wanted to make an app subscription purchase on her iPhone, but the device brought up the verify screen saying "to continue on this device verify at least one payment method family sharing". She selected the card she wanted to verify (my card but she has access to it), then she put in the CVV. But the "Done" button on the top-right corner was greyed out and nothing can be done to take her to another step. This happens to every card.

I have done the followings with no luck,

1. Removed all payment methods on my account, then readd just one card
  2. Did 1. again with other cards
  3. Disabled Purchase Sharing then Reenabled

Any way I can workaround this? Thanks

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on Mar 10, 2024 8:21 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Mar 10, 2024 1:57 PM in response to ongngu

Hello!

I was experiencing this same issue today and it is truly frustrating. My partner is the family organizer so I was the one being hindered. Long story short what I found was if I logged in to my Apple account on the web, went into payment methods that way I was able to add the security code and update the payment method. This then allowed me to make the purchase I was trying to do. Hope this works for you as well!

May 17, 2024 5:39 AM in response to ongngu

You are receiving this error due to "purchase sharing" being turned on. Apple's policy is that when purchase sharing is turned on, the family organiser has to be the one who pays for everything. They want a single purchaser for sharing purchases.

If you turn purchase sharing off, each family member can then add their own payment method and pay for their own subscriptions.

Blame Apple for this absurdity but this will solve your problem.

Family member can't verify payment methods

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.