Camera Remote - Black screen since update

Hello there

Ever since updating to iOS 17.4 my Camera Remote has a constant black screen.

I tried restarting both devices. Closing the Apps. Opening the apps - both ways: first on apple watch, camera on phone. Changing Cameras on the watch. Changing Photo/Video Mode. Nothing...

I know that there has been a bug with the black screen around ever since, but it is just not working at all anymore since the update. Controls on the watch within Camera Remotes are working, I just have a black screen on the watch.

Any help? This is absolutely frustrating and I am pretty mad about it, as I use it quite a lot...

Devices & OS:

Iphone 13 Pro, iOS 17.4

Apple Watch 8, watchOS 10.4

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Mar 23, 2024 5:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 8, 2024 12:56 AM

I have the same problem and it is very annoying!

I have ultra 2 and all the time it is black screen, some of the time it is all blurred.

in order to work I have to restart both devices or one of them.

22 replies

May 8, 2024 12:43 PM in response to cethlol

Apple can not be reached by posting here, this is a user to user forum only.

And we are all volunteers, so it might take longer to go through all posts to help with issues.

If you think that something looks like a software or hardware issue on Apple's side, you can report this directly to Apple by using one of the Feedback links on this Apple page:

Product Feedback - Apple

Feedback - Apple Watch - Apple

May 7, 2024 1:39 AM in response to cethlol

My remote camera has been stuck as well, here's what I tried successfully:

I changed the settings of automatically locking the screen on my iPhone in Settings/Display & Brightness/Auto-Lock/ from 30sec to 1min. After that the camera app on my Apple Watch worked again, even after switching back the time to 30sec display Auto-Lock on the iPhone.

Camera Remote - Black screen since update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.