Logic Pro Internal Dolby Atmos Plug In not available

Hello,

I have a strange phenomenon here:
When I load one of the two spatial demo songs, Logic Pro 10.8.1 on my new Mac Studio comes up with an error message:

"The plug-in "Atmos" - type "10 - 12" is not available on your system.
Choose a different plugin or exit Logic
Pro and install the plugin on your Mac Studio so you can use it in the project."

The plugin will then appear with the famous yellow exclamation mark in the master's plugin slot.
I can then use the Dolby Atmos plug-in again, but it doesn't work correctly, i.e. it doesn't do any upmixes and the signals that are output are heavily disturbed and sometimes routed incorrectly

When testing with your own Dolby Atmos project, the Dolby Atmos plug-in appears as expected, but also makes the same errors, i.e. no rendering possible.

My attempts to get rid of it:

Switching to Rosetta Mode and back
Reinstall Logic Pro 10.8.1 via App Store
Starting an old Logic version (10.7.2) on the same computer
Start without 3rd party plug-ins
Deleting Logic10.plist in Preferences
Reinstalling the Music Apps folder in "Music"
Restart the computer

System: Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128GB, Ventura 13.6.6

I have no idea what else I could do. Does anyone know where the internal plug-ins are located?

Then I could possibly copy the plugin from my Macbook - it runs Dolby Atmos without any problems, i.e. I can play the projects in Dolby Atmos and upmix them to 7.1.4...

I'm grateful for every idea!

Greetings

Mike

Mac Studio, macOS 13.6

Posted on Apr 26, 2024 3:35 AM

3 replies

May 17, 2024 11:55 PM in response to Mikinho

You could preserve the existing project settings, failed Atmos plugin and all, by creating a Project Alternative to test out the re-routing option. This way, if you transfer the project to another Mac, the original version of the project would still be preserved.

So, the Spacial Demo project doesn't work for you? If not, perhaps there's something different going on that caused the same error.

May 15, 2024 12:12 AM in response to Mikinho

I encounter this error as well (though my error says "Type '6 - 12'" instead of "10 - 12"). I'm using a Mac Studio M1 Max on macOS 14.4.1. I upgraded Logic Pro from the most recent 10.x version to version 11. As soon as I open a project I've been working on that uses spacial audio (i.e. has tracks that send output to the 3D Object Panner and use the Atmos plugin on the Master output), I receive this error with the caution exclamation point icon over the Atmos plugin in the Master track.

To troubleshoot, I was able to create a new blank project with no audio recorded and only a software instrument track and convert it to Dolby Atmos. I can set the software instrument track to the 3D Object Panner output and the Atmos plugin automatically appears in the Master output working as expected. So I know the plugin exists and works.

The only workaround I found to fix this was to open the old Atmos project, go into the Audio section of the Project Settings, and turn off Dolby Atmos. Then, for each track that is still set to send to the 3D Object Panner output, change the output to Balance (i.e. Stereo Out). After that's done, go back to the Audio section of the Project Settings and turn Dolby Atmos back on. Doing this brought the Atmos plugin back to the Master output track without errors. I was then able to re-assign each track back to the 3D Object Panner output. Unfortunately, all previous 3D Object Panner settings were lost, so I had to re-mix the whole thing.

Hopefully Apple will fix this obvious bug in a future Logic Pro update.

May 17, 2024 3:31 AM in response to Nathan Sheldon

Thank you for this contribution.

I´m going to check this on my Mac Studio. But my concern about re-routing the project is, that if I´m going to open it on my Macbook, I might have the issue vice-versa.

Because the Logic Spatial Demo should work initially on all Mac Computers, shouldn´t it?

btw: Apple Support asked me to re-install the sytem - are you kidding me?

And there´s the same behaviour on Logic Pro 11...

Logic Pro Internal Dolby Atmos Plug In not available

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.