Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

what happened to my profile in this community

Did profiles on this discussions site get reset at some point? I’ve seen a lot of people talk about ways to access previously saved threads using Google search but no explanation as to what actually happened.

for example, here’s a thread of mine from 2021, but as you can see in my profile, it looks like my profile was created late last year now

Safari Version 14.0.1 Unexpectedly Quits - Apple Community

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 2, 2024 4:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2024 9:06 PM

Bradley Wagner wrote:

[I] can't find any of my posts or threads.

If they're from 21 years ago, then I'm not surprised. The 'My Subscriptions' page only shows threads from the last 120 days normally (and as of right now, only the last seven days while they perform maintenance).

And I've heard people discuss searching google: "Bradley Wagner site:discussions.apple.com. But can't figure out why that's necessary.

This website is crawled by search engines, so results from here can show up on Google. By searching...

site:discussions.apple.com "Bradley Wagner"

...you tell Google to only give you results from "discussions.apple.com" (this website) that include your name, exactly (hence the quotes). Here are a few posts of yours that come up when searching:

From 2017 - iCloud Safari tabs from macOS not showing… - Apple Community

From 2018 - Can I change the direction of 3 finger sw… - Apple Community

From 2020 - MacBook Pro 13" display flickers frequent… - Apple Community

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2024 9:06 PM in response to Bradley Wagner

Bradley Wagner wrote:

[I] can't find any of my posts or threads.

If they're from 21 years ago, then I'm not surprised. The 'My Subscriptions' page only shows threads from the last 120 days normally (and as of right now, only the last seven days while they perform maintenance).

And I've heard people discuss searching google: "Bradley Wagner site:discussions.apple.com. But can't figure out why that's necessary.

This website is crawled by search engines, so results from here can show up on Google. By searching...

site:discussions.apple.com "Bradley Wagner"

...you tell Google to only give you results from "discussions.apple.com" (this website) that include your name, exactly (hence the quotes). Here are a few posts of yours that come up when searching:

From 2017 - iCloud Safari tabs from macOS not showing… - Apple Community

From 2018 - Can I change the direction of 3 finger sw… - Apple Community

From 2020 - MacBook Pro 13" display flickers frequent… - Apple Community

May 3, 2024 10:48 AM in response to Bradley Wagner

Bradley Wagner wrote:

Thanks! Do you know if there's any way to access the threads I've participated in my screenshot above? They're not specifically subscriptions.

Sure, the delimited web search can help with that too. If there's a specific topic you're looking for, you can add it:

site:discussions.apple.com "Bradley Wagner" iCloud

...using iCloud as an example. Or, see them all by clicking here- this brings up not only your posts but also any posts you've replied to. There's not quite 21 results, but if some of those posts were extremely old there's a good chance they were 'purged' from ASC at some point to clean things up, or were never crawled. Also, any posts you replied to that later were removed due to the author breaking a rule still count towards your thread participation count but won't show up in search results.

Of course, you can always ask a new question if you need support with something. I expect any replies to your decades-old posts would be long outdated by now anyway.

what happened to my profile in this community

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.