Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

My Rugby League Season Tickets Disappeared From Apple Wallet

I arrived at the Stadium last night and tried to access my Apple Wallet to present my Season Ticket, only to find it had disappeared! I tried switching off my phone to do a reset, but nothing changed and after a great deal of embarrassment trying to explain what had happened to a friendly Gate Steward, I was allowed entry but only after showing some of my expired tickets.

This was totally unexpected and I thought my Apple Wallet was really secure, and that once cards were in there, they couldn't be removed so I was worried that someone had hacked into my phone!

This morning, after giving the matter some thought and trying to understand what may have gone wrong. I tried to reload my Season Ticket into my Apple Wallet again, but even though it seemed that the process was okay, my Ticket did NOT appear in the Wallet.

I checked all my settings, such as VPN and Internet Security, etc., but even after turning everything off and repeating the reload process again, the Ticket was still missing. So I then decided to look at the Apple Settings and discovered a Wallet and Apple Pay tab, which further investigation revealed a Compatible Cards tab under ONLINE PAYMENTS. This tab was set to ON by default and underneath was an explanation about verifying cards are compatible with Apple Pay, but my Season Ticket is NOT a payment card and so I turned the button OFF to see what happened. Thankfully my missing Season Tickets were back in my Wallet, which is the reason for my post, as I know that others will be experiencing this identical problem and wanting to know how to fix it.

I know that I have never touched this particular ONLINE PAYMENTS button before, so I can only presume that it became selected to ON by default, following a recent IOS update. Hope this helps anyone with the same issue and thanks for reading.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 3, 2024 12:47 AM

3 replies

May 3, 2024 4:23 AM in response to SFT304

I think the primary issue is the use of the VPN in your case. VPN’s and digital wallets do not play well together. There are multiple issues that VPN’s are known to cause because location services which use GPS and other data and the IP address do not match. This is common when fraudsters use digital wallets to commit their crimes.

VPN software and security software are also known issues as they interfere with the normal operation of the iPhone and digital wallet. It’s the software for one or both are confused and interfering with the Wallet and calendar dates and other information for the Wallet to work correctly.

I’m glad you were able to find at least a temporary solution to the issue you were facing. I hope you have a great day.

May 3, 2024 5:10 AM in response to Jeff Donald

Thanks very much for your comments Jeff, but I think you have misunderstood the issue described in my post.

I pointed out that the VPN and Internet Security Software (Norton 360 in my case) had NO effect on the problem I was experiencing, although I do agree with your statement that these could in some cases cause issues, and that's why I checked these first. However, as I explained these were NOT the cause in my case, and after investigating further I did eventually identify what the problem was. The solution I detailed is not a temporary fix, but a permanent one, since the Apple Compatible Cards selection to ON by default is presuming that all cards are payment cards when this is clearly not what people use Apple Wallet for, the majority of the time.

As I stated in the closing sentence in my OP, I just wanted others having the same issue to be able to identify the solution.

May 4, 2024 5:51 AM in response to SFT304

VPN software may cause issues with Apple Wallet and Apple Pay even if it’s turned off. Several community members have reported that Apple Support instructed them to remove/delete the VPN software/profile and their wallet issue was resolved. Just turning it off may not be enough as a permanent solution. The disappearing tickets may happen again when the VPN is turned back on.

Norton and similar utilities are not recommended by Apple. They can definitely interfere with Apple Pay and Apple Wallet.

My Rugby League Season Tickets Disappeared From Apple Wallet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.