Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How do I apply for refund for a renewed subscription?

I forgot when the app Duolingo renew it's description. Then, the subscription renewed. I don't want the subscription any more. How to I apply for a refund. Apple's directions are incorrect. I'm stuck. can I get a human being that knows how to fix this to help?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone SE (2nd generation)

Posted on May 3, 2024 6:00 PM

1 reply

May 3, 2024 11:54 PM in response to bhubtel561

1. To cancel a subscription that has payment through Apple, that you no longer want: If you want to cancel a subscription from Apple - Apple Support. (If you already canceled, then the cancel option will no longer be available. Instead you might see resubscribe options.)
  2. To ask for a refund: Request a refund for apps or content that you bought from Apple - Apple Support, then select a past payment from your recent Apple purchase history. They’ll also ask for motivation. Real humans will handle that request. Not all requests get approved though.

Apple's directions are incorrect.

Why do you say that? The linked support documents appear to be quite up-to-date.

How do I apply for refund for a renewed subscription?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.