Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Problem setting up an old Ipad 2 that I restored. Say's no service when I put my wifi in as the network.

Maybe the software they installed was for the ipads with a simcard?

Posted on May 3, 2024 10:54 PM

1 reply

May 6, 2024 4:40 PM in response to cornelia217

Start with basic WiFi troubleshooting - as detailed here:

If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won’t connect to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points - Apple Support

Consider that your Router, to which you are attempting to connect, may be configured to require support for security features that are not supported by older versions of iOS. If you have an older iPad and your router is configured for WPA3 or WPA3/WPA2 mixed authentication, you will need to change this to WPA2 PSK(AES). Newer models of iPad support WPA3.

Some Mesh WiFi Routers are known to be troublesome in some circumstances.

Problem setting up an old Ipad 2 that I restored. Say's no service when I put my wifi in as the network.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.