Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Scam? - Anxious - Family facetime call initiated from unknown number

I just had a Group FaceTime with my cousin and me (UK) my aunt (USA) and a number none of us know (UK).

I saw a FaceTime from my cousin and aunt (didn’t notice the other number) so I picked up concerned as my if it was from my aunt then due to her being in USA she wouldn’t call us so early.

My cousin answered first, then I popped on and there was this random person (the person who initiated since me or my cousin didn’t start the call, we don’t have her number and my aunt never answered).

I’m so confused if this is a scam or what and how they got our details, since we live in different countries, the number was also UK based and she sounded from UK too.

I saw an article from a couple of years ago where there was a security risk where people were able to listen to audio and mic from FaceTime calls even if not answered and I’m really concerned and anxious about the whole very weird situation.

Posted on May 4, 2024 2:17 AM

There are no replies.

Scam? - Anxious - Family facetime call initiated from unknown number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.