Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

HomePod Mini showing up in airplay device list randomly

Hello everyone,

First post on the community because I don't think I'll find a similar issue on the web.

I have an Apple system (multiple Mac, homepods, AirPort Express with wired connexion for airplay, iPad, iPhone, Homekit, Linksys Wifi 6 routers

Everything is working perfectly but... one of my HomePods Mini shows up randomly in Airplay selector of Apple Music on only one of my Mac. This Mac is on wifi with sound connexion. I swapped the faulty iPod Mini with another one that was closer to the Mac where the issue occurs and the problem was swapped too.

Is it possible that Airplay uses direct wifi connexion between devices ? My faulty Mac is Mac mini M2 Pro and besides it I have a MacBook Air M1 that see the HomePod without problem. Moreover, I can access the faulty HomePod from Home App on the faulty Mac mini !

I don't know if you would have any suggestion but any help would be appreciated :-)

Thanks for reading

Laurent-Belgium

Posted on May 4, 2024 2:03 AM

There are no replies.

HomePod Mini showing up in airplay device list randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.