Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I am unable to sign into my iCloud account on my iMac due to the text box for email address not responding

Sonoma 14.2

When I start my iMac a popup appears asking me to sign in to iCloud. I have to cancel it every single day. It is tiresome.

Opening System Settings and clicking on the top item in the left-hand list, "Sign in with your Apple ID", there is a text entry field which requires Email or Phone Number. Clicking on this field with the pointer however does not activate it. It is impossible to enter text in this field.

1. Is there a way to reactivate this field to make it work properly?
  2. If so, and if I signed in with my Apple ID and then signed out again, would this stop the constant harrassment to sign in to iCloud every time I start macOS?
  3. If not, is there a way to eliminate said harrassment?

Thanks.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 4, 2024 6:25 AM

5 replies

May 5, 2024 7:52 AM in response to vkd1008

The New Terms and Condition for iCloud ??

“New iCloud Terms & Conditions” Popup… - Apple Community

As for updating to current version 14.4.1 as suggested by @sberman 👍

It may or may not work to solve this current issue.

But " bitting the hand that feeds you " is generally not a good idea.

Yes, the issue is frustrating though does not really merit transferring that issue to those who are looking out for the Best Interest of the computer

Keep your Mac up to date

About the security content of macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

May 5, 2024 9:51 AM in response to vkd1008

vkd1008 wrote:

Yes I understand all that. Apologies for stepping on anyone's toes or causing great offence. 

I just thought that perhaps someone might have encountered the same bug/feature and know how to fix it.

Thanks.

Yes there have been other experiencing similar or same issues as those this computer has experienced

Generally there are ways to fix many issue including updating to current version of the OS

There are many Bug Fixes and Security Updates offered by Apple

Some are specifically designed to fix certain Bugs and others for general enhancements or stability issues

Keeping the computer up to date is widely considered one of the first solutions

I am unable to sign into my iCloud account on my iMac due to the text box for email address not responding

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.