HomePod with a known error

Error message from Home Pod: There is an issue with the Music accounts in your home. To resolve this, everyone should check that their accounts are up to date in their Home App.

This is SUPER frustrating. There are no answers and others have been having this same problem. Speaker is a paperweight.

HomePod (2nd generation)

Posted on May 12, 2024 6:18 PM

7 replies

May 17, 2024 12:27 PM in response to HomePodV

On a Mac connected to the same network as your Home Pod open the Home app, then right-click on the Home Pod and select Accessory Settings. Scroll down to see what version of podOS it is on. The latest is 17.5

On an iPhone open the Home app, then tap and hold the Home Pod button. When the Accessory Settings pops up tap it and scroll down to see the version. You can also initiate a an update with the Home App on an iPhone.

You could also first try simply restarting your HomePod or removing power from it for a few minutes and then plug it back in.

And of course, make sure your Apple Music account is paid up if you have a subscription.

Restart HomePod - Apple Support

If you are using a Windows PC then take a look here

Use HomePod with iTunes on PC - Apple Support

May 17, 2024 12:39 PM in response to lkrupp

I appreciate the reply but it does not solve the issue. My homepod has been locked into "configuring" for months. There have been a number of other people with the same problem. I have finally removed it from my network and will try and reconfigure it. So far I have not had success. After this next attempt it goes in the trash which I am afraid is where Apple has put the product and its road map.  

May 17, 2024 12:42 PM in response to lkrupp

Not sure why you are suggesting to use a MAC. Well, for setting up a new Homepod this is a search result.

You can't set up HomePod with a Mac. Update your iPhone or iPad to the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. To set up HomePod (2nd generation), you need an iPhone with iOS 16.3 or later, or an iPad with iPadOS 16.3 or later. HomePod and HomePod mini use the Wi-Fi network that your iPhone or iPad is connected to.Mar 26, 2024

HomePod with a known error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.