Bootcamp not recognizing Windows 10 ISO file

I have a MacBook Pro 16" 2019 with Sonoma. I want to install Windows using bootcamp. I have downloaded the ISO image from Microsoft side and Bootcamp is not recognizing it. See attached screen shot.

Is there anything I can try to fix this?

Posted on May 12, 2024 7:30 PM

2 replies

May 13, 2024 11:03 AM in response to Codita

Codita wrote:

I have a MacBook Pro 16" 2019 with Sonoma. I want to install Windows using bootcamp. I have downloaded the ISO image from Microsoft side and Bootcamp is not recognizing it. See attached screen shot.
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/7e063880-81c0-4f84-acce-126b97259082

Is there anything I can try to fix this?

ref: Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant

May 13, 2024 12:02 PM in response to leroydouglas

Thanks for the link. The error I'm getting is actually at step 2 of the process. Bootcamp asks for a Windows ISO image and the size of the Windows partition. I have downloaded the ISO image from Microsoft site, select it in Bootcamp and when I click "Install", I receive the error. The signature of the ISO matches the one from Microsoft site so the download is good.

I have tried to create an image from a Windows computer and I still receive the same error.

I'm thinking that maybe some bootcamp settings could be done. I have found some pages for older versions not for my current version.

Bootcamp not recognizing Windows 10 ISO file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.