Apple Wallet will not allow me to add ANY cards

I am unable to add any cards to Apple Pay. I am simply met with the message ‘card not added. Contact your card issuer for more information. Set Up Later’. I called Apple Support who were useless and just advised I call my bank. My bank tells me there is no issue with the card, and this is not happening with 1 bank but 4. This seems highly improbable there is a technical issue with all 4 banks, and more likely the buck stops with Apple. Any ideas what the cause is? I’ve tried signing out of iCloud, deleting and reinstalling the Wallet App from the cloud, resetting my phone, resetting network settings - NOTHING WORKS 😫

iPhone 15 Pro Max, iOS 17

Posted on May 13, 2024 4:52 AM

7 replies

May 13, 2024 5:26 AM in response to vonthedon40

It’s not the phone. One of the issuing banks or the Payment Network Operator (PNO) is blocking a card. When you attempt to add other cards those banks are notified of the block from the other bank. It is a bank issue.

Probably the bank that issued the first card block it (could be multiple issues) then that block stopped the other three. The more times you attempted to add cards, the more your attempts looked fraudulent to the banks.

Apple Wallet will not allow me to add ANY cards

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.