In search of a Finder alternative

I suppose this question has already been asked here. If so, I apologize. Being new to Mac, I'm eager to explore alternative file manager solutions that the community might suggest. While Finder serves its purpose well for basic tasks and quick file access, I've noticed that navigating to specific folders is much smoother and faster on Windows. The lack of an address bar and the inability to cut/paste files can be quite bothersome. I'm not gonna list everything.

I need a light and versatile alternative. Thank you

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 16, 2024 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2024 1:47 AM

A great alternative + appropriate for beginners is Commander One: https://mac.eltima.com/file-manager.html

It's simple to use and the main feature here is its dual-panel interface, so it simplifies the process of transferring files between different locations, and you can queue the process.

Anyway, I think your point was backed up by some rude comments on reddit, it's always better to ask a tech or suppport community, like this one. I would recommend to learn the list of commands, then Finder itself will seem much clearer. Here's the guide on how to use Finder: Organize your files in the Finder on Mac - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2024 1:47 AM in response to Jane_star15

A great alternative + appropriate for beginners is Commander One: https://mac.eltima.com/file-manager.html

It's simple to use and the main feature here is its dual-panel interface, so it simplifies the process of transferring files between different locations, and you can queue the process.

Anyway, I think your point was backed up by some rude comments on reddit, it's always better to ask a tech or suppport community, like this one. I would recommend to learn the list of commands, then Finder itself will seem much clearer. Here's the guide on how to use Finder: Organize your files in the Finder on Mac - Apple Support

In search of a Finder alternative

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.