Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference returns June 10, 2024

Password Protect WiFi or entire Settings App

Hi All,

I have a client who uses an iPhone in a shared environment. I'm unsure of the model at this time. The phone owner has WiFi turned off, because if it is on then it doesn't receive calls properly, but other users keep turning the WiFi back on. The owner would like to know if she can set a password either on the WiFi portion of settings or the entire Settings app, so they can't be accessed without supply a password. Since it is a shared phone, adding a passcode or Touch ID is not an option. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance and have a great day!

iPhone 8

Posted on May 16, 2024 6:47 AM

2 replies

May 16, 2024 8:59 AM in response to Duncan_MacLeod

Duncan_MacLeod wrote:

Hi All,

I have a client who uses an iPhone in a shared environment. I'm unsure of the model at this time. The phone owner has WiFi turned off, because if it is on then it doesn't receive calls properly, but other users keep turning the WiFi back on. The owner would like to know if she can set a password either on the WiFi portion of settings or the entire Settings app, so they can't be accessed without supply a password. Since it is a shared phone, adding a passcode or Touch ID is not an option. Please let me know your thoughts. Thanks in advance and have a great day!

No, only passcode to lock the entire phone.

Password Protect WiFi or entire Settings App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.