Issue with restoring full ITunes library file from 2019 Intel Macbook Pro 16" on Big Sur to M2 Macbook Pro 14" 2023

Dear all,

I would like some help and advice with restoring full ITunes library file from 2019 Intel Macbook Pro 16" on Big Sur (v11.2.3) to M2 Macbook Pro 14" 2023 on Ventura (v13.6.6) .

Initially, I bought the 2019 fully spec-ed model to upgrade from my 2015 Macbook Pro, but once I bought it, I found the heating issues makes the macbook lower than what the spec is supposed to deliver... The problem was never resovled even after trips to Apple Care.

So I made the decision to swap to M2. Everything is amazing on M2, but it cannot restore the original library from my current Itunes library. It does open the database file and loads up music data up to a point. A sizeable section of my ITunes song are missing on the new M2's music app.

I am a DJ, and my DJ software - Rekordbox, links with my iTunes database. Maintaining the itunes file directory as they are is super important as it would impacts the DJ software's reading of the file locations.

My ITunes database is stored on an external LaCie drive. I have tried to regenerate the ITune database file from 3rd party, but still cannot restore the same database as before.

Would upgrading my old Intel Mac to Monterey fix this issue with the ITunes file?

Really appreciate any tips!

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on May 16, 2024 8:52 AM

There are no replies.

Issue with restoring full ITunes library file from 2019 Intel Macbook Pro 16" on Big Sur to M2 Macbook Pro 14" 2023

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.