How to get a refund on an Apple gift card that says it's already been redeemed

I purchased a $100 and a $50 Apple Gift Card. When I tried to use them on Apple.com, I get a message saying they have already been redeemed.

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on May 16, 2024 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2024 12:38 PM

Were they purchased at a retail location on a display open to the public where they can be easily tampered with? If so, I would first contact the retailer as they are very aware of this common scam and refuse to protect their customers by securing the Gift Cards. Ironically they will lock up other products they sell where thieves will steal from them. You may need to escalate to management, district managers, or headquarters. Of course they will say to contact Apple, but Apple does not dictate how the cards are merchandised and the scam happened in their store where they failed to protect you.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2024 12:38 PM in response to jeffg1955

Were they purchased at a retail location on a display open to the public where they can be easily tampered with? If so, I would first contact the retailer as they are very aware of this common scam and refuse to protect their customers by securing the Gift Cards. Ironically they will lock up other products they sell where thieves will steal from them. You may need to escalate to management, district managers, or headquarters. Of course they will say to contact Apple, but Apple does not dictate how the cards are merchandised and the scam happened in their store where they failed to protect you.

How to get a refund on an Apple gift card that says it's already been redeemed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.