Credit card fraud and no invoices received

Hello there. Yesterday my wife’s card was charged 9 times in a row by Itune though she does not have active subscriptions hence the money was charged illegally. Usually there are receipts that she gets the same day or the next day but there are no invoices received for those purchases.

Apple support doesn’t give options to request the invoices and without them there is no way to claim the refund.

What are the steps to deal with this issue? What are the ways to get those invoices asap.

I would like to get contact information of the person who can help with this. Thank you.

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 17, 2024 4:26 AM

5 replies

May 17, 2024 7:49 AM in response to anatoly281

You’re welcome. I hope you and your wife have a great weekend!

Apple does not offer email support. Please review the two Apple Support articles linked below. The first lists phone numbers and the other offers chat and physical addresses for some locations.

Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support

Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support

May 17, 2024 7:27 AM in response to anatoly281

You’re stating your payment method was charged illegally. If that’s what you believe to be true, it’s fraud and to protect your consumer rights you need to report it to your bank ASAP.

When your bank approves a charge, the merchant can’t decline the transaction. Apple had no reason to believe the charges were fraudulent if your bank approved them.

Fraudulent transactions are investigated by your bank and law enforcement if reported.

My suspicion is your wife’s card is compromised. The card information was compromised when either the card was physically used (magnetic stripe or chip) and then sold. The data could also have been compromised if a store she shopped at had a data breach.

Apple Support Community is a public support forum for fellow users to connect and assist each other. This is not Apple Support. You may contact Apple Support at 1-800-MY-APPLE.

Credit card fraud and no invoices received

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.