Cannot shut off or clear ‘Continue playing’ queue in Apple Podcast on my new iPad .

Previous thread had 60 people ‘me tooing’ this. Why hasn’t Apple responded directly.

I’ve

toggled off Continue Playing in settings

deleted and reloaded the app - multiple times

added items to the queue, closed and reopened the app - no result

shut down the iPad and restarted - nope

updated the OS to 17.5 - nope

Why on earth would I want to involuntarily automatically populate my continue playing list with every unplayed podcast in a feed AND why does it seem to be the only way to do anything is to individually toggle each item from unplayed to played?

iPad Air

Posted on May 17, 2024 4:44 AM

2 replies

May 30, 2024 8:29 AM in response to Goldenorb

So I came here to see if my suspicion that users aren't allowed to prevent the queue from automatically populating was right. Looks like that is the case, yes? I've had the Continue Playing setting turned off, but podcasts I'm not even subscribed to keep getting added to my queue. And thanks to the joys of modern autoplaying that can't be disabled in my car, I keep getting tedious advertisements from podcasts I don't even want to listen to jumping me when I'm going to work in the morning. Really irritating.

Note: I'm using an iPhone rather than an iPad.

Cannot shut off or clear ‘Continue playing’ queue in Apple Podcast on my new iPad .

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.