How to turn off the "While you were [Sleeping/Driving]" focus summaries?

I'd like to disable/turn off the focus summaries I get once a focus has been disabled. For example, I sleep with my watch on and in the morning I just want to see what time it is. When I look at my watch, I don't see the time because I get the "Good morning" screen, so I have to use my other hand to click the wheel to clear the message. But then I get the "While you were sleeping" screen with a list of notifications that came in while I was sleeping. So I have to use my other hand to again, click the wheel to clear that screen. I don't what to see any of this, I just want to see the time. How do I disable these "Good Morning" and "While you were sleeping" screens? (Same for "While you were Driving" summary screen)

Posted on May 17, 2024 8:59 AM

6 replies

May 20, 2024 1:49 PM in response to JupiterOne

JupiterOne wrote:

Exactly. First thing in the morning, I'm not wearing my glasses. And for me to activate Siri, I'd again have to use another finger to press the crown and probably wake others with my and her voice. I really don't need a morning greeting from my watch and would rather just see the time.

You don't need a finger to invoke Siri. "Hey, Siri" works just fine. Whether or not using Siri is a viable option for you is something only you can determine, though. Unfortunately, I have no other suggestions for you that dont' involve moving various body parts. Perhaps consider training the cat should you have one? Their paws will activate a touch screen.

You can let Apple know what you'd like to see here:

Product Feedback - Apple

How to turn off the "While you were [Sleeping/Driving]" focus summaries?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.