I am unable to add my new card to the Apple Wallet on my iPhone 15 Pro

I am unable to add my new card to the apple wallet. all the time the error come out as Invalid Card. However, I enter all details correct. since I have tried already such as 20 times. Card issuer refers as there is no any issue from card side (no any restriction) Can't connect apple service via phone or any other way, to address to solve the problem with my apple wallet.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 15 Pro, iOS 17

Posted on May 17, 2024 9:27 AM

9 replies

May 17, 2024 9:51 PM in response to Jeff Donald

this is exact error came out. I found out the details of card are correct since I have made a test online payment.

Actually, the card was added before to the apple wallet, but not verified to use completely. So for the verification purpose I made a call to the bank and got an advice to delete and add it again, since They r unable to see the request for the verification. Unfortunately, after deleting I am totally unable to add this card.

Tried to restore app, updated the system, restore network, even tried to turn pass code off.

Nothing is successful.

May 18, 2024 6:21 AM in response to gulshat48

VPN usage is a known issue and can cause instant rejection. The VPN software and profile is a known issue. It must be removed.

I’ve never heard of anyone using a hotspot so, it’s unknown if it’s an issue.

Did you read my post above? Have you attempted to add your card a total of 5 or more times in last 24 hours. There is a known 24 hour freeze once 5 or more attempts are made. This is to help detect and prevent fraudulent activity.

Any of the above (hotspot, VPN, freeze) could be preventing your bank from seeing requests.

May 19, 2024 10:19 AM in response to gulshat48

You’ve confirmed with the bank that the card is activated and ready for use with Apple Pay?

You’ve removed all the VPN software including the VPN profile? Path: iPhone > Settings General > VPN & Device Management > delete any profiles.

Reset Network Settings Path: iPhone > Settings > General > scroll down to Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings > follow on screen instructions.

If you attempt more than 5 times, it’s another automatic freeze.

Connect via cellular or WiFi, do not connect through Hotspot

I am unable to add my new card to the Apple Wallet on my iPhone 15 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.