Logic 11 Unexpectedly quits

Running Logic 11 on an M1 MBP with 64G Ram. It appears that every time I use Command+R to repeat the application quits, however, if I use the edit menu its repeats with no issue. The crash reports mentions kernel issues.

Also when deleting a track from a project I'm getting the beach ball prior to the application crashing.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 14.5

Posted on May 17, 2024 11:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2024 2:17 PM

You might want to delete (or relocate) your preferences. Seems like there is some conflict that is causing the crash.

When you do this, all of the settings you have will be lost. So you might want to take a screenshot of each part of Logic Settings before you delete the database, so you can try to get things back the way they were.

Once you have your settings available as screenshots, Quit Logic.In the Finder, hold down the option key and select the Go menu on the top. You should see Library. Select Library. Scroll down to Preferences and open the folder. Type "Logic" in the search and you should see a couple preferences come up. The one that ends in .plist is the one that contains all your settings that you made in the Settings section of Logic Pro. The one that ends in pro.cs is the settings you might had made in the Control Surfaces section in Logic Pro.

You can delete one or both. I would try the plist one first. Or move them somewhere else, such as the desktop, or an external drive. If you delete, do not empty the trash, just in case that didn't solve your issue and you can return them back if needed.

I recommend to restart your mac and then launch Logic Pro 11. Try to duplicate the cause of the prior crashes. Pressing Command-R to see if it no longer crashes. If Logic still crashes when both have been trashed then it is something else. You can put the preferences back where they were and possibly call Apple Support.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2024 2:17 PM in response to Richard Williams9

You might want to delete (or relocate) your preferences. Seems like there is some conflict that is causing the crash.

When you do this, all of the settings you have will be lost. So you might want to take a screenshot of each part of Logic Settings before you delete the database, so you can try to get things back the way they were.

Once you have your settings available as screenshots, Quit Logic.In the Finder, hold down the option key and select the Go menu on the top. You should see Library. Select Library. Scroll down to Preferences and open the folder. Type "Logic" in the search and you should see a couple preferences come up. The one that ends in .plist is the one that contains all your settings that you made in the Settings section of Logic Pro. The one that ends in pro.cs is the settings you might had made in the Control Surfaces section in Logic Pro.

You can delete one or both. I would try the plist one first. Or move them somewhere else, such as the desktop, or an external drive. If you delete, do not empty the trash, just in case that didn't solve your issue and you can return them back if needed.

I recommend to restart your mac and then launch Logic Pro 11. Try to duplicate the cause of the prior crashes. Pressing Command-R to see if it no longer crashes. If Logic still crashes when both have been trashed then it is something else. You can put the preferences back where they were and possibly call Apple Support.

May 20, 2024 7:46 AM in response to Richard Williams9

Aww shucks. Go to Apple logic support page and scroll down to contact Apple. You can set up a phone call with them. They might be busy with all the Logic users having problems with the upgrade.

Also , you might try creating another user for your Mac. Then restart and log in with the new user. Then see if you still have the same problems. if the problem is not happening then it is a problem with a setting or cache.

Logic 11 Unexpectedly quits

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.